Colouring Tanalised Wood.

Am about to put up a fence outside using tanalised timber planks and posts. I figured it would be easier to paint them before I put the fence up (well actually, get the missus to do the painting!!).
Someone told me that if I use bog standard fence panel cupronol type water based paint, it will wash straight off when it rains, as it will not take to tanalised wood.
Is there any truth in this?
If so, what would I use?
Thanks....
--
"Due to recent cutbacks, all clouds will now be lined with zinc."

Zapp Brannigan wrote:

News to me - always worked fine when I've done it.
--
Grunff

Grunff enlightened the world by saying on 09/10/2003 20:32:

Hmm, it was actually the guy at the timber yard who told me, so I kinda applied the "well this is their job, any they know more than me" rule....
--
(A)bort, (R)etry, (P)retend this never happened . . .

Zapp Brannigan wrote:

I'm by no means a wood expert, I'm just reporting that I've done it plenty of times and not had problems.
--
Grunff

On Thu, 09 Oct 2003 20:36:44 +0100, Zapp Brannigan

Next you'll be suggesting that the guy in the B&Q store told you how to do DIY, and because it's his job .....
PoP
PoP enlightened the world by saying on 09/10/2003 21:18:

I ask the guys in B&Q for advice on emptying bins and sweeping streets... (as in their previous "careers")
So the general concensus is, that I will be OK using water based fence paint???
On Thu, 09 Oct 2003 21:49:44 +0100, Zapp Brannigan

Actually I think you will find that some of them (at least) have had rather more educated careers. Fact is that under Gordon Browns New Deal arrangement you get shafted if you refuse to take up work.
PoP

Yes. I've done just that with tanalised timber, and it works just fine. Can't say if it makes a difference to how long it lasts, though.
--
*You're just jealous because the voices only talk to me *

No.
--
*If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried *