circular saw recommendations

Page 2 of 2

Scewfix are doing a Wolf brand 165mm for 25 inc VAT. Makro are selling NuTool 185mm for 20 and also the same for 25 including an 18V cordless drill (I have the 16.8V version and it's been excellent) as a package for 25 (both prices exclude VAT)
All the above have 2 year guarantee, worth the money just for that. You shouldn't go far wrong with any of them. There is also a 'cheap' brand called Silverline, which comes with 3 year guarantee, but I have no expereicne of those.
HTH Rob
--
Tel. 07010 703 702
snipped-for-privacy@kalico.spam

Avoid ultra-cheapies like Ferm. I've had two, one just wore out within a couple of months, the second broke its central blade retaining nut on the first pinch - potentially very dangerous.
I've since paid a bit more and got a mid-range Skil. Different class and much better in every regard.
--
Simon Avery, Dartmoor, UK