Cheap blending/mixing valve

We have a large bath and so to allow it to fill without the water ending up cold the hot water temperature needs to be quite high. This means that the hot tap at the sink is too hot to put your hand under. I want to fit a blending valve just for this tap so the temperature is reasonable. The sink is going to be replaced some time (late?) next year and it will have a monoblock tap. So, I am looking for a cheap

15mm blending valve - accuracy of temperature not important, nor is long-term life. Any ideas?
Reply to
Matt Beard

Blending valves will be mandatory soon on all new systems.

No. 12163

Reply to
IMM

Part 12163 fails to meet my stated requirements on two counts. a) it is not cheap (=A348) and b) it is 22mm when I stated I wanted 15mm.

Also it may soon be mandatory to fit blending valves on all new systems in England and Wales, but I don't live in either of those countries so I doubt that it applies to me!

Reply to
Matt Beard

There is a 15mm version. 12162 at £38. Good vales are not a few quid. Best get a 22mm and blend down all the house supply. If 15mm is coming from the cylinder draw-off replace it with 22mm as it should be.