Cheap B&Q decking - how to store and treat

Hi, I`ve just managed to pick up some cheap, budget decking boards from B&Q (=A32 for 2.4m length). Now, I don`t plan to do the decking until next year so tips and best practices regarding storing, treating, turning etc bearing in mind these are cheapo boards!!! TIA

Reply to
eevoob

If these are the ones I'm thinking of, we store them at work (I work for BnQ) with a small packer between each board so that it leaves about a 1cm gap to let air circulate. We also keep them about a 4" off the ground covered with tarpaulin. Don't put the tarp on the floor but tuck it under the bottom board so that air can still get between the boards. We generally don't keep any in storage for more than two months but I recommend treating them like you would any normal installed deck which is usually just after the damp season. And you might want to treat them with your desired finish before putting them into storage.

Reply to
TrailRat

Dunno about storage but get a Decking Installation Tool

wonderful for fitting boards with a slight (or not so slight) bend in them.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman