Channel 5 looking for the worst DIYer in Britain

Page 1 of 3
Well folk, channel 5 are looking for Britain's worst DIYer, so is anyone in here willing to take the challenge ? :-))

Oh no - not ANOTHER public humiliation programme ...
But someone will do it just for the fame. And money.
Mary

Mary Fisher wrote:

I know someone who is gradually reducing the value of his house with poor diy jobs but it would be too cruel to submit his name :-)

Laurence Llewelyn Bowen gets my vote every time...
:-)
MH
On Sat, 13 Dec 2003 15:29:59 -0000, Mary Fisher wrote:

Channel 5 - Money? Naa, unless you consider the normal sort of 150 facility fee "money".
However the great unwashed go bonkers given half a hint they might appear on TV, probably do it for free. (Which I expect Ch5 are hoping...)
--
Cheers snipped-for-privacy@howhill.com
Dave. pam is missing e-mail

Crikey - that's a day's budget for Family Affairs.
--
*If you lived in your car, you'd be home by now *

Yours truly was on that Internet Cafe program, I forget the name. They paid expenses and beer money. I think they were a little taken aback about the magnitude of the latter. Bloody cheek, given that the former was nil.

I'm on Telly on Sunday. And the one after that.
But not diy and I shan't see it and shan't be named and didn't get paid and I don't see it as any glory. I'd have been at the event anyway.
Mary

Perhaps we could nominate? Give the white dinner jacket an outing....;-)
--
*Why do the two "sanction"s (noun and verb) mean opposites?*

On Sat, 13 Dec 2003 15:26:54 GMT, "BigWallop"

I nominate Tony Blair as he is successfully f****g up the whole country with his DIY schemes :-))

Our Glorious Leader?
Surely you can't REALLY mean that - I mean, who'd support you?
Mary

No-one wrote:

The header of your post is being processed by Tone's Ministry of Doublespeak right now... expect the heavies round anytime soon. :-)

No chance. The message is written in plain text and so will cause immense problems for the message sniffers our wondrous government employ. Those computer systems can't manage anything that isn't encrypted with PGP or similar.
You'll probably have David Blindgit on the phone shortly though, requesting the encryption passphrase for the message as per the RIP bill he pushed thru parliament not long ago.
PoP

Yeah BigWallop...
I nominate the previous owner of my place :(((
-- Jet (Finds yet *another* double socket wired to the mains with a badly patched-in piece of frigging portable radio grade wiring... patched with.... wait for it!!! MASKING TAPE! Woah, the joys, the joys....

Masking tape ? You mean you had the luxury of having masking tape on the joints of your wiring ? :-))

when we wanted t't'light
mike r

Must have been dark in your 'ole then, wool won't burn.
Mary

On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 13:00:07 -0000, "Mary Fisher"

Luxury! We had to get light from burning sheep whilst living in our hole in't road, etc.
*descends into Monty Python territory* -- cheers,
witchy/binarydinosaurs

You had't luxury of sheep to get light ? Why, we had to dig for phosphor stones ti't get light for our hole in't road.
"BigWallop" wrote | > >Must have been dark in your 'ole then, wool won't burn. | > Luxury! We had to get light from burning sheep whilst living | > in our hole in't road, etc. | You had't luxury of sheep to get light ? Why, we had to dig for | phosphor stones ti't get light for our hole in't road.
Us were so poor, didn't even have a road to dig a 'ole in.
Owain