Channel 5 looking for the worst DIYer in Britain

Well folk, channel 5 are looking for Britain's worst DIYer, so is anyone in here willing to take the challenge ? :-))

Reply to
BigWallop

Oh no - not ANOTHER public humiliation programme ...

But someone will do it just for the fame. And money.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

I know someone who is gradually reducing the value of his house with poor diy jobs but it would be too cruel to submit his name :-)

Reply to
BillR

Channel 5 - Money? Naa, unless you consider the normal sort of =A3150 facility fee "money".

However the great unwashed go bonkers given half a hint they might appear on TV, probably do it for free. (Which I expect Ch5 are hoping...)

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Laurence Llewelyn Bowen gets my vote every time...

:-)

MH

Reply to
MH

Perhaps we could nominate? Give the white dinner jacket an outing....;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman

Crikey - that's a day's budget for Family Affairs.

Reply to
Dave Plowman

I nominate Tony Blair as he is successfully f****g up the whole country with his DIY schemes :-))

Reply to
No-one

Yours truly was on that Internet Cafe program, I forget the name. They paid expenses and beer money. I think they were a little taken aback about the magnitude of the latter. Bloody cheek, given that the former was nil.

Reply to
Huge

I'm on Telly on Sunday. And the one after that.

But not diy and I shan't see it and shan't be named and didn't get paid and I don't see it as any glory. I'd have been at the event anyway.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Our Glorious Leader?

Surely you can't REALLY mean that - I mean, who'd support you?

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

with his DIY schemes :-))

The header of your post is being processed by Tone's Ministry of Doublespeak right now... expect the heavies round anytime soon. :-)

Reply to
BillR

Yeah BigWallop...

I nominate the previous owner of my place :(((

-- Jet (Finds yet *another* double socket wired to the mains with a badly patched-in piece of frigging portable radio grade wiring... patched with.... wait for it!!! MASKING TAPE! Woah, the joys, the joys....

Reply to
Jet

No chance. The message is written in plain text and so will cause immense problems for the message sniffers our wondrous government employ. Those computer systems can't manage anything that isn't encrypted with PGP or similar.

You'll probably have David Blindgit on the phone shortly though, requesting the encryption passphrase for the message as per the RIP bill he pushed thru parliament not long ago.

PoP

Reply to
PoP

Masking tape ? You mean you had the luxury of having masking tape on the joints of your wiring ? :-))

Reply to
BigWallop

I think most of the people I have bought houses from in the past should be in the running.

As a minor example a recent check of the rewirable fuses in the CU of my new house showed that most of them had been rewired with 2.5mm copper wire!!

Reply to
Matt Beard

A Darwin award beckons for that one!

PoP

Reply to
PoP

"BigWallop" wrote in news:ZEMCb.4782$ snipped-for-privacy@news-text.cableinet.net:

Wiring? You had wiring!! we had wool from old cardies we had to spit on when we wanted t't'light

mike r

Reply to
mike ring

Hello BigWallop

Nice to see they're continuing to stretch the boundaries of top quality television...

Reply to
Simon Avery

Must have been dark in your 'ole then, wool won't burn.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher