Channel 5 looking for the worst DIYer in Britain

Does he mind? :o)

-- cheers,

witchy/binarydinosaurs

Reply to
Witchy

If you have any type of working receiver, you need a licence. The possible exception is where a TV set is being used purely as a monitor to display something that isn't of broadcast origination.

Reply to
Dave Plowman

Yup - well worth the watching.

Reply to
Dave Plowman

A TV card is a "receiver" it needs a licence, I don't think there is anything grey there at all.

Now how about Windows Media Player watching the 10 O'clock news over the web? That is very grey, all modern PCs have that abilty do they need a TV licence?

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I was more going after the 'can they prove it' bit - they turn up at your house and you've got no telly but a dismantled PC in an upstairs bedroom. Are they going to make you put it together to prove there's a TV card in there?

And listening to r1/r2/r3/r4 etc.

-- cheers,

witchy/binarydinosaurs

Reply to
Witchy

But you don't need a licence for receiving sound radio. My conscience is clear on that.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

No they'll just look for the one(s) with big screening cans on. They will either be a TV card or wireless LAN... How ever you then enter the same argument about a TV "stored, unused" in the spare bedroom.

No licence required to listen to "the wireless".

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

No, due to being 'narrowcast' and not a 'broadcast' IYSWIM ?

Reply to
Jerry.

'Rah, then I'll get my telly by the same means :oD

-- cheers,

witchy/binarydinosaurs

Reply to
Witchy