CH Expansion vessel in loft - advice please

Hi, I'm about to replace my central heating header tank with an expansion vessel. Looking at it the most ideal place to fit the expansion vessel in the loft where the tank currently sits. There is a connection into the primary system and a ready made filling supply. Will need to fit a manual air vent to the high point. Is there any reason why I can't fit this in the loft that anyone can think of?

Thinking of heat in summer / cold in winter type things as it will realistically be sitting on a dead leg of the circuit as far as water flow is concerned.

TIA

Kevin

Reply to
Kevin

There was a thread very recently on positioning of expansion vessels: see

(or )

David

Reply to
Lobster

)

Hi David,

many thanks - I missed that somehow. I'll have a look.

Kevin

Reply to
Kevin

Is there any reason why you can't use the header tank? Makes filling with inhibitor far easier.

What's the advantage?

Reply to
Fred