Cement mix for Baxi Firebrick instal ?

I recently got some new Baxi Firebrick sides and back pieces and the guy in the shop said use a mix of sand, lime and cement. I can't remember what the mix he suggested was, and what type of sand I should be using as we were also talking about different types of rendering at the time as well.. (also on here)

Can someone tell me the mix and what type of sand to use for this please, and any other tips to note ?

Thanks,

Nick

Reply to
Nick

Try 1:1:6 lime:cement:sand. I'd have thought sharp sand best.

Andy.

Reply to
Andy

What is it you're trying to do? Replace existing? If so, get some Purimachos fire cement, and use that.

Reply to
Chris Bacon