castors

I work in a home for older people and we are having trouble pushing in chairs at the table. Our dining room chairs have a glider bar along the bottom which doesnt glide very well on our vinyl floor. I'm looking for a long metal plate which could be screwed to this with casters on something similar to the plates you get for moving washing machiens etc but lighter in weight and narrower. I've looked in some catalogues but cannot find anything. Any ideas? Thanks Caroline
There are several types of castors available with a square plate for screwing, the most readily available is probably shepard castors which come in two sizes.

in