cani knock down my OWN house ?

As we've seen recently even this is as nothing when compared with the NY developments that won't even let you buy an apartment if they don't like you.
Free SEDBUK boiler database browser

No
:-P
--
fred

I think what fred is saying is that you do need planning permission to knock down a building. Of course, that doesn't stop half the developers round here buying large Victorian houses on large plots and demolishing them in favour of flats with no suggestion of planning permission in advance. "Sorry guv, my foot must have slipped off the clutch on my bulldozer. Here's twenty thousand quid I just found in my pocket."
Christian.

knock
here
favour
Like the major owning brewery did with the historic Tommy Ducks pub in the heart of Manchester city centre. In the middle of the night too. They only received a small fine for doing it. The land it was on (opposite Central Station and The Midland Hotel) is worth a fortune I still wonder why there was so little fuss made afterwards. It stinks..........

The hotel where we had our wedding reception closed down, and permission was sought to build houses/apartments on the site. Permission was refused and then... mysteriously... some weeks later the place burned down.
Hmmm...
M.
Don't fight technology, live with it: http://www.livtech.co.uk /

guv,
I remember two things about the Tommy Ducks 1) All the knickers stapled to the ceiling 2) Saw Windsor Davies in there!
Pete

My understanding is that you do need permission to demolish a 'dwelling house' -the law was changed on this in 1992. See http://www.trafford.gov.uk/forms/DEM3.pdf for an example of what you would have to fill in before you get busy with your sledgehammer.

Steady on, that's how Nicholas Van Hoogstraten started out. Since 1948 the planning legislation has been based on the theory that the way in which land owners use their land has an impact on everyone else, and so should be regulated for the public good. Seems to me there are much more annoying limitations on ownership, such as why I can't put a light switch in my bathroom in a position about ten feet from any sources of water, but let's not go there ;-)
Martin

I see no reason why you can't. 10 feet would put it totally outside the zones. Even if it was in Zone 3 (from 0.6 to 2.4m from the edge of the shower/bath) it would be allowed. Sinks and toilets don't count towards the limitation, provided common sense is used.
Christian.