Can you identify these blocks, please? Radfords?

Hi all,

I am going to be building a new extension soon, and want to get hold of the same type of blocks that my house is made from. I've put a couple of photos up here:

anyone know what they are called, and where I might get hold of them? I particularly want to get hold of the specially shaped blocks making up the window surrounds.They are basically normal concrete blocks with a fake stone facing. My local builder's merchant has similar blocks but the stone facing has a smooth, polished finish, whereas my blocks have a rougher, combed finish.. A neighbour thought that the blocks were either called Radfords, or were made by a company called Radfords, but I haven't been able to find out any more than that. The house is on the outskirts of Bath and was built in the late

50's, if that helps.

thanks,

dan.

Reply to
dwtowner

Hi

Years ago I built an extension on a house on the outskirts of Bath. I spoke to the local planning officer who advised me on the type of block and colour I should use.

Blocks of many different styles and colour are used in Bath and you need to get them made to suit your house.

You could try

who seem to make many different types.

Reply to
chudford