Cable Current Carrying Capacity

Hi all

Just looking at the calcs for my kitchen cabling to the 16th edition (don't ask, I know we're in 17th territory now).

The wording in the on site guide I am referring to is a little unclear. In appendix 6 there is a value to be calculated (lt) given as ln/CaCiCrCg.

The text in the OSG states that the tabulated value of current carrying capacity is given by the above formula. What I think it should say is that the tabulated value (generally given in Table 6E1) must exceed the value calculated from the aove formula.

Can anyone provide informed opinion on this please?

TIA

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster

Yes that's correct, your cable must be able to carry equal to, or more than your calculated (It) result. I would have assumed you are using T&E cable, in which case you would use table 6F.

Reply to
Stewith

We have our own section in the wiki

yes you calculate the current carrying capacity of your cable (In/CaCiCrCg) and then choose a cable from table 6F that is large enough to carry this current

Reply to
ARWadsworth

"Stewith" wrote

Thanks Stewith - well spotted - should be using 6F as you say

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster