byron doorbell chimes

We have a set of Byron SD86 wireless doorbell chimes and the bellpush is in need of replacement. The SD86 model appears to have been airbrushed out of history - can't find any mention on Byron's web site, and B&Q only sell SX and TX models - does anyone know of anything compatible with the SD range, or have we got to buy a new set

- in which case I'll buy something else from somewhere else, as long as it has a longer potential lifespan

walter

Friedland have a range of wireless systems which you can get at the merchants. Also with theirs you can install the electronic push inside the house and connect bell wire to a standard external push. They also have mains/battery option on the receivers. I have mine wired through timers so the system can be turned off at night. I think they do 2 ranges of wireless and the cheapo version doesn't have those two features.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Starling

... and also have a policy of changing the design and dropping support for the previous, incompatible, versions :-(

Reply to
Mike Clarke

Am I reading this right - you have a timer to turn your doorbell off at night??? Why?

Reply to
Pete Zahut

Hmmm, quite like the idea of light-up notifiers triggered by timer...

- "Please wait" during sensible hours

- "Go away" during unsensible hours

Reply to
js.b1

Byron CS responded quickly when I asked a question of them.

Reply to
Peter Johnson

My Headmaster at junior school had something very similar on his study door. Must have been about 1960.

Reply to
Graham.

On 20 Sep, 00:58, "Graham." wrote: Hmmm, quite like the idea of light-up notifiers triggered by timer...

So did mine, and I copied the idea for my bedroom door.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Oh dear, so did mine, and so did I, nobody took a blind bit of notice though, I also had a bell wired to my desk drawers.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Pocket money didn't stretch to a door interlock then? ;-)

I'll see you your bell wired to your desk drawers and raise you an intercom with extension points for when I was in the garden or up in the loft.

Owain

Reply to
Owain