Brake pads & discs

Jenny, Alex,
Firstly, thanks for your help. I wouldn't bother, but these are expensive items.
Model: Avensis 1.8 GS Year: 1997/98 Chassis No: SB153ABN10E001838
Parts:
1. One set of front disc pads 2. Two front discs.
This is just wear and tear items. I had it serviced and MOTed and they said 300 to supply and fit. I said keep it on hold.
The only thing that has gone wrong is the immobiliser/alarm. It was 110 for a new sender/key and they could not get it to work. The dealer contacted Toyota and they said the control box can only take a certain number of keys programmed into it. The old keys programmed in cannot be deleted. They said it was full and I need a new control unit.
As the car was virtually new - only used as a demo by the dealer - how can this control box be full of keys programmed into it? This should not be the case. Do you think I should contact Toyota about this? They should fit the bill for the control box as it should not have been like that from new.
Thanks
John

Don't you just hate it when that happens ;-)
Colin M

Yes. Hit the key too early to reply and wrong ng.

IMM wrote:

What happened to the Aston?

--
Toby.

My 1966 DB6 is in the garage along with the 1966 Mini Cooper.

IMM wrote:

See you bought another pig in a poke there.
Must have read the glossies again.

My DB6 is fine. Concourse condition. How are your tractors?

IMM wrote:

Diddicoys nicked the batterd lawn tractor, the series IIi landrover is for sale and running very well, the bigger defender Land Rover and the XKR are fine thank you, and the triumph spitfire is still awaiting resuscitation.
We may sell the Punto as well. Cost effective motoring, but not for very long.

Needless vehicles are never cost effective.

Says the man who claims to have a DB6 and a Mini in addition to his Avensis. Lol! Personally I can't see a single needless vehicle in NPs list. Although if the Defender is petrol rather than diesel then I might flinch a bit. Ditching the Punto makes sense, though it could be replaced with a Skoda Fabia vRS for a combination of fun and performance.
Cheers Clive

very
Avensis.
I have no Avensis, although a fine car it is. The two 1960s cars actually will appreciate and generate money.

Although

[21 lines snipped]

Pah! Greeny! Our V8 automatic Disco does 13 mpg round town.
Huge wrote:

Thats pretty good. I tghink the jag does 11 in london.
Speed humps, traffic lights etc etc all serve to double fuel consumption as an average.

IMM wrote:

Think how much energy you would save if you hung yourself.
Ther are many things that are not needed in this life.

You are implying life is not needed, so let's nuke all the world.

very
I think he was being a little less generic, more specific, more international, more mysterious....
Cheers Clive

is
the
He was?

IMM wrote:

Dunno.
I was just pointing out the logocal reductio ad absurdum conclusion of the Green Argument..

IMM wrote:

Good idea. That will save the whales.