Bolt to tarmac

Something like

On some you can set motion alarms so you get messaged if it moves.

Reply to
dennis

I like that. We might cast something in situ. Available size/weight is limited though, not convinced it'll be enough.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Those things are hirable - not sure from where - but apart from roadworks, I've seen them appear as an anti pikie measure across entrances and stuff. There are variations with iron loops fixed in for chaining things too (and lifting).

Reply to
Tim Watts

no :( We seem to be stuck on all sides with this.

I doubt anyone would insure it.

That's certainly an angle we can look at. Thanks.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

I bet hiring would cost over 10x making one. It ever does, unless you just want something for a day, in which case it only costs 1x.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Could you glue (using bitumen) a large plate to the 'Tarmac'? Weakness of the (almost certainly) asphalt made up for by large surface area.

Cheers

Reply to
Syd Rumpo

Interesting. But I dont think site owners would be too impressed, and I'd expect the average hiab could overcome it, bitumen is not a strong glue.

What can the average hiab pick up? Figures I've seen vary very widely

NT

Reply to
meow2222