Boiler suits for the female figure

Page 1 of 2
Daft question, but does anyone know of a supplier of proper boiler suits to fit the female form ? My wife can't get her hips into any of mine, and then blames me when she gets dirty !
Steve

I think Dickies is the only brand I've seen that do coveralls for women.
Just go for the bigger size that fits her ass'uming she doesn't mind wearing a larger size with belt around the waist.

I have - ahem - good child-bearing hips (proved) and there's no way I'd fit into Spouse's boilersuits. He must be all of 32" round his bum.
But I fit into larger sized boiler suits with no problem.
There's no need to share everything!
Mary

Steve and Lizzy wrote:

Its not a boiler suit you need - its a telly tubby one!
<ducks for cover>
--
Cheers,

John.

http://www.arco.co.uk /
Brad.
Steve and Lizzy wrote:

Never mind the ladies, I can't wear a boiler suit of any size. I'm not fat but tall and the distance between the shoulders and gusset on all the suits I've tried is 2-3" too short. The consequence is that the sensitive parts would be pulled up hard by the gusset, very uncomfortable ... :-(
BillR wrote:

Yerrs. The cotton one does that when it shrinks in the wash, but a couple of toe touches stretches it out again.

www.Arco.co.uk Page 122 Ladies Diamond Workwear Stan the Man
Stan the Man wrote:

Thanks for all the helpful suggestions - the "Dickies-workwear" looks like the right option.Arco's option is quite a lot more expensive.
Thats one christmas present sorted out :-))
Thanks again
Steve

Does Lizzie know?
Mary

I have the same problem.
Reminds me of the old joke about the man bringing back his new trousers with the complaint "These trousers remind me of the ballroom in the city hall"
"But there is no ballroom in the city hall, sir"
"Just like these trousers "
Paul Mc Cann

Or Mecca underpants. Plenty of ballroom.

You could make an insert round the waist.
Sorted!
Mary

But he's probably better at welding steel than sewing fabric!
Roger

It sounds like an excuse to me, where there's a will there's a way.
In our household Spouse does all the welding, brazing, soldering etc. He also does all the machine sewing.
I do all the hand sewing and none of the mechanical stuff. That's what men are for.
The tall poster could easily cut a straight line through the boiler suit (with gas if he prefers, and a water spray) and then stitch a straight piece in, with very large stitches. It's not haute couture after all.
Though if the boiler suit is made in a man made fibre - most of them are in my experience - he could do a welding job on it.
Or use sticky backed fabric which doesn't even need stitching. Vylene it's called.
Hope this helps.
Mary <VBG>

On 14 Nov 2003, Roger Mills wrote

He'll just have to weld or superglue in some fabric, then......
:)
--
Cheers,
Harvey

I just staple it....
Mary Fisher wrote:

Strangely enough I can sew but lengthen a boiler suit.... No thanks, I'll stick with Reebox jog pants
"BillR" <> wrote

I use ex-forces demobbed boiler suits. They must have very tall aircraft mechanics as i'm 6'1" and there's plenty of ball sag on mine ;)
HTH
Paul.

Hold me back, someone ...
Mary