BIIIGGG bomb - what's TMH doing about it ?

.-)

Reply to
Bob Eager

Excuse to get the customer to pay for one of these which might then also come in useful on some estates?

to think of it, wd one also protect me from ham-fisted use of 9" angle grinder?

Reply to
Robin

;)

Reply to
Paul - xxx

The Americans copied those during WW2, under the designation M83 submunition, with the M28 100lb cluster bomb containing 24 x M83 and the M29 500lb cluster bomb containing 90 x M83. The M28 was transported filled, fused alike. The M29 was transported empty, accompanied by boxes of 10 x M83, each box with one type of fuse: M129 air burst, M130 time delay or M131 anti-tamper.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

I do just that. I have the rear apron from a Felix suit like that (flexible, although still quite hefty) strapped up as an apron. I don't wear it much for angle grinding (too heavy), but sometimes for more violent machinery or hazards.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

I think the container terminal, the power station and the LNG import terminal over on Grain might all be a bit perturbed.

Nick

Reply to
Nick Leverton

Almost certainly if it's pay day.

Reply to
Steve Firth

> Come to think of it, wd one also protect me from ham-fisted use of 9" > angle grinder?

I could have done with one at the weekend. I was using an 4 1/2" angle grider to cut out an air brick whilst stood at the top of the ladders. The guy holding the ladders said I was mad.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Like a Saniflo, but worse

Reply to
Zapp Brannigan

Or decking?

Reply to
Zapp Brannigan

No ask 'im to tell U summatt U don't know;-!...

Reply to
tony sayer

In article , dennis@home scribeth thus

You'd think that there'd have been a simple electrical circuit to actually fire them off that could have been switched somewhere right at the last minute...

Reply to
tony sayer

Heh, I dunno the area at all well other than having to catch the ferry from Sheerness to Vlissingen (sp?) many years ago .. and thinking it was a shithole next to the back of beyond!

Reply to
Paul - xxx

Some of that modular Ikea shelving would be just the thing for storage.

Nick

Reply to
Nick Leverton

>> _Suit

I was not the person stood underneath the mad man offering advice.

When I hit the rebar (that I did not know about) the stone cutting disc caused the grinder to jump a bit but other than a few sparks that landed on my head there was no real problem. I'll wear a baseball cap next time.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

In message , robgraham writes

Mercy killing

Reply to
geoff

They had that too. There was a program on history where they had quite a lot of detail on how it was all done.

It looked really dangerous, it looked like the outer cylinder (about 25Kg U235 in discs separated to stop criticality) could just break loose and crash down on the inner core (about 14 Kg U235) if there was a crash and that would result in criticality. The rest of the mass was a bit of HE and a lot more moderator. (no lithium compounds to make a H bomb though)

The plutonium implosion devices were much safer.

Reply to
dennis

There were a few thousand people in Nagasaki that would like to disagree with you.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

You mean GIRO day?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Ah well, that's different :-)

Fitted one on Monday and another one today!

Two in a week!

Reply to
The Medway Handyman