Best way to secure a wooden gate in a 1.8m garden fence

I have two garden gates (both 1.8m high in wooden fences). Neither of them are secured with a lockable device, but I think the time has come to improve garden security, now that I have a few plants and garden furniture which might appear to be worth nicking.

I visited 'the sheds' today, and it appears that the options are a hasp and staple with a padlock, or a Brenton bolt (or maybe a padbolt) with a padlock.

What are the pros and cons of the alternatives?

John.

Reply to
John E

I'd say a hasp & staple & padlock. Wickes do a very good value shed/gate locking kit for £8

The Medway Handyman

Thanks.

John.

Reply to