Best Filler for Coving Cracks?

I'm fixing some small-ish cracks in an Edwardian coving. The cracks are only 1 or 2 mms wide and most are only a couple of mms deep (1 or 2 are a bit worse). It seems to be made of a very fine white substance (Plaster of Paris?). A couple of questions:

  1. What's the best thing to fill it with in terms of ease of filling and likely longevity (esp flexibility): standard Polyfilla, fine filler, Painter's Mate, Plaster of Paris, that new very lightweight filler?

  1. Should I prime the cracks with anything before filling?

Thanks,

Michael

Reply to
michaeld121

If you are a perfectionist and need it to be completely invisible after sanding and painting then use any of the powder fillers otherwise use Painter's Mate or equivalent for ease of use and resistance to further cracking. No need to prime for any of them.

Reply to
Rednadnerb