Baxi Solo 2 RS intermittent Problem

I have an intermittent problem with my Baxi boiler. Every now and then the pilot light goes out and in order to relight it I have to press the overheat reset button first. Sometimes it is two or three weeks in between the pilot going out, and sometimes it does it several days in a row. It doesn't appear to me that the boiler is overheating. I am thinking maybe it is a faulty overheat thermostat or maybe the boiler thermostat. Any suggestions? Thanks, Paul

Reply to
paul.russell

It could be that the pump is not operating when it ought to.

On this model the pump is driven by the boiler and it is possible that if the boiler and pump wee wired in parallel (as on many older systems) the boiler could over heat just after firing.

The pump over run thermostat in the boiler could be faulty.

The thermostats could be faulty as you say.

Reply to
Ed Sirett