Bathroom Chandelier...?

Hello,

I don't like bathroom lights. I've been looking, but I just don't lik them! I'm re-doing my bathroom fairly traditional.

We're having a free-standing bath, but no shower - is there a proble with me putting in any old light fitting? If I need to get bathroo friendly ones, is there such a thing as a bathroom chandelier?

The room isn't enormous - probably about 3.5 x 3.5 metres. Th ceilings are about 9 feet high.

Any views, ideas or laws...?

Thanks A

-- Fuoleum

Reply to
Fuoleum

You need to consider zoneing:

Looking at the diagram it seems you might be able to fit a small one in the "outsize zones" area with your 9' ceiling.

Reply to
marble

Heh! thats a bedroom.

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Special area under Part P, if that bothers you at all .

Dave

Reply to
Dave Stanton

What about thinking around concealed lighting so you can't see them, but they generate light to bounce off the walls/ceilings? Look to see where you might conceal lighting, such as on top of a cupboard. Another option is a fake window, which is actually a panel light -- works very well in rooms without windows, but probably not so well in rooms with real windows.

Without giving a date, "traditional" doesn't mean much.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

On Sun, 5 Mar 2006 01:35:15 +0000 someone who may be Fuoleum wrote this:-

Some people like a traditional 1960s look, others a traditional

1930s look, others a traditional 1860s look...

If you are in England or Wales then you need to consider Mr Prescott's daft ideas.

The bath will presumably be fixed. You may be able to legally get away with a chandelier, in certain parts of the room if it is high enough. However, it will be difficult to clean and the water vapour will affect it so that it soon looks grotty. Both problems can be avoided by a suitable enclosed fitting. There are plenty on the market.

Reply to
David Hansen

I'll need top check the book but I'm under the impression that All bathroom light fittings need to be at least IPx4. You can have a chandelier provided it complies (which is unlikely).

Reply to
Ed Sirett