B&Q sponsor success

as title

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

Reply to
iguane54

congratulations on winning the most stupid post of the month award.

Reply to
bigcat

Off-topic, irritating, possibly dangerous, unwanted, mean-spirited yes but probably, alas, not stupid.

Reply to
Bob Mannix

EH?????????

Reply to
Cuprager

Reply to that email address and see how much spam you get :-) Or maybe it's denial-of-service by proxy - some poor sod will be getting loads of replies that say "EH?????????"

Reply to
Rob Morley

I replied to the NG not the mail addy :o)

Reply to
Cuprager

It appears to be a new piece of spamming software.

It scans previous posts in a given group and puts together a title and message that are vaguely on topic for whatever group is being spammed.

Could be a nightmare if it takes off.

Reply to
timfy

I didn't mean your reply - there are sure to be many other people in many other newsgroups who wonder what is going on, and some of will reply by email as well as or instead of a followup to the group.

Reply to
Rob Morley

Evidently my newsfeed filtered it out then - what was in the original "B&Q" post?

David

Reply to
Lobster

Just a hotmail address.