Autofeed Rollers

I have a lot of emulsioning to do and I am thinking of buying one of these,

Anybody ever used one (or similar)? Are they anygood and are they worth buying? I am thinking of getting one as I have 4 rooms and a hall,stairs and landing to do and I am taken with the idea of not having to get up and down ladders etc to reload the roller every two minutes or so.

Cheers

John

Reply to
John

apparently, spraying is far better for fast even coverage than rollers

cheaper to hire a pro setup, obv.

RT

Reply to
[news]

It's fast for getting the paint on - but rather more time consuming getting it off everything it isn't meant to be on. Ie, domestically, just about everything.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

prep, mask, mask again.....

RT

Reply to
[news]

hmm, by which time the paint could have probably been on by a roller.

I don't mask anything at all anymore. Steady hand and proper brush loading helps a bit for cutting in, both of which can be achieved with a bit of practise.

If you're trying to spray walls a different colour to the ceiling I have no idea at all how you can prevent overspray to the ceiling - would take at least masking to the coving and then taping newspaper or lining paper around the ceiling, and even then you'll probably see shadows of overspray when it's removed.

For hallways a roller on a decorator's pole speeds things up no end.

Reply to
RichardS

I've got one and I love it, less backache for a starter!!

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

Mask a cat???

Reply to
Peter Parry

never! you're supposed to get them completely soaked in whatever medium you are working with and let them run riot over the furniture.

RT

Reply to
[news]

52 years since my Dad sprayed a room in their first house.

Mum _still_ goes on about the overspray.

Reply to
Andy Dingley