Artificial Stream

We have a short artificial stream in the garden - pump from bottom pool up to the top with a middle pool. Waterfalls in between each. The stream has a butyl liner and the waterfalls are mortared in slates.

Two questions:- firstly the banks keep getting knocked down by cats, etc. so I am looking to put some sand behind the butyl to build them up again before putting the limestone/slates over the top. If I add some cement to the sand will it go off and make it firmer?

secondly, the two waterfalls need replacing - I will glue the joins in the butyl again (probably Evostick) but what type of mortar would be best and how should I prepare it so that it sticks to the butyl and is reasonably water resistant.

Thanks in advance

Reply to
John

Perhaps a more substantial under base under the butyl and then screw through the top stones carefully providing a more solid structure.

Same principle as a bike inner tube repair will work. Use proper butyle liner cement/adhesive.

Really want to be sandwiching the edge of the liner between a couple of rocks and then trimming afterwards, but arranged so that the liner is well above the water level at all points, your creating a warterproof bagffor the aterfall and then arranging the rocks so that the `bag` is hidden and allows planting or gravel to cover up the cracks.

Dinnae stick it to the butyl, lay the butyl or epdm in aginst a proper underliner and then use smae heavy underliner on top of your liner to arrange rocks and gravel to hide it, Mebbe split the waterfall feed so that it actually comes out at seveal points the , trickling stream dosnt actually have to feed the final sheet waterfall only appear to.

You Tube has quite a few videos

;lot are competitive for liner and stuff

Adam Aglionby