Ant problem

Hi i have a real bad case of ant problem, In my back garden i hav

millions of ants so finding a ant nest is inposible as the ants ar every where,The problem i have is that they get into food cubards an all over the worktops and once i opened a new loaf of bread to find on in there,Now i have broat some ant traps but they still keep coming i has anybody got a cheap sollution on this i will be greatfull. thank

-- channy

Reply to
channy

Hi i have a real bad case of ant problem, In my back garden i hav

millions of ants so finding a ant nest is inposible as the ants ar every where,The problem i have is that they get into food cuboards an all over the worktops and once i opened a new loaf of bread to find on in there,Now i have broat some ant traps but they still keep coming i has anybody got a cheap sollution on this i will be greatfull. thank

-- channy

Reply to
channy

Hi i have a ant problem there are millions of them in my back garde

aswell as front so its inposible to find the nests.The problem i hav is that they pile into th kitchen finding them in cuboards and worktop ,One time i found one in a new loaf of bread witch was unopened ,I hav tryed traps but with no success so can anyone please tell me a chea way to stop them coming into my home . thank

-- channy

Reply to
channy

Hi i have a ant problem there are millions of them in my back garde

aswell as front so its inposible to find the nests.The problem i hav is that they pile into th kitchen finding them in cuboards and worktop ,One time i found one in a new loaf of bread witch was unopened ,I hav tryed traps but with no success so can anyone please tell me a chea way to stop them coming into my home . thank

-- channy

Reply to
channy

WHOOPS THOUGT PAGE WAS STUCK LOL

-- channy

Reply to
channy

Look at the recent thread "ants - preemptive strike?"

to open account

Reply to
Doctor Evil

Common sense really...powdered poison, liquid poison, boiling water and failing all that stamping on them.

They've been around since prehistoric times so there's no easy solution.

Reply to
RedOnRed

I've heard that the best way to keep them out of your house, is to make sure they have enough food outside your house. Find the trail where they are getting in, then give them some sugar at that point. They won't bothe going any further than that (why should they? They are only going on until they find some food.)

I've been told first hand that it really works. It is not going to 'encourage ants' because they will only exist in your yard to a certain density, and nests will keep each other in check.

Don't bother trying to kill them - it only makes the problem worse in the long run, on may levels. I've seen houses around here that look like they have been napalmed, with a dead zone of insecticides around the buildings. And people wonder why the incidents of cancer are on the increase...

-- JJ

Reply to
Jason Judge

Try Armillatox.

What I do is make a series of holes in the nest and insert plastic funnels into each one. I then tip a *strong* armillatox solution into each one, keeping the funnels topped up until the nest is completely drenched.

(You can find armillatox with the cleaning chemicals in your local garden centre. It has been banned as a pesticide by the EU and is now only sold for cleaning purposes..)

sponix

Reply to
s--p--o--n--i--x

This answer reminds me of an old joke - Q. How do you keep flies out of the kitchen? A. Have a s**t in the lounge! G

Reply to
Gary

Amazingly this does work, it was written about by Richard Feynman in his auto-biography. He ran it as a science experiment, he basically watched their behaviour for a while and then tried this technique. It worked!

Reply to
Mike Hibbert

The solution is to kill off the nest.

I do this by putting down 'ant bait'. It comes in about 3 variations. I like best the one that you poke a hole in the bait container and the ants take it back to the nest and the whole nest dies. The other types have you filling the bait trap every day. Not a thing I want to do.

I have used this at home and also at the school I now have a little job at. It works a treat. Takes about 14 days to become effective though.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Bizarrely enough, that sounds like it might actually work.

I'll try it in the summer. Although the missus might have some objections.

Reply to
RedOnRed