Angle of a roof?

I'm going to get a sinlge storey extension on the back of my house done later this year and probably going to produce my own drawings/plans. Can anyone please tell me where to look for details of typical tiled roof angles/supports/construction etc. I'm only doing the concept layouts for the builder to quote on, as he will get the 'proper' drawings done for the planning application. Advice/links much appreciated. cheers, JB

Ask your builder about local by-laws and building control specifications first because you may find that some constructions are not allowed in your area. Pointless doing drawings, even for the first concept, if the type of build you want isn't allowed.
--
http://www.basecuritysystems.no-ip.com

JB wrote:

You can go from 'flat' roof type construction up to about 15 degrees, where machine tiles start to provide decen waterproofing. Slate is typically 25 dgeress minimum, 30 preferred, and peg tiles 40 degrees minimum 45 preferred.
Leave construction detals to the architect or builder.
Just allow 6" of joists plus an inch of battens under whatever surface you pick.

Concept drawings work for planning, but the BCO will need architects drawings.

JB