Aluminium tube

I need approx 1 foot of lightweight ally tube the same external diameter as standard black PVC rainwater downpipe. Any suggestions as to a supplier that deals in small amounts?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Dave Plowman (News) wibbled:

OK - it's 2.5m, but the price isn't bad at a tenner - but there is another

15 quid delivery, unless you are near enough Hatfield to go and collect. Maybe you can ebay the rest in short lengths?

it's probably not practical for you, unless you really can't get it elsewhere - but I've used those people before and they're OK. They will action a cutting list too.

Cheers

Tim

Reply to
Tim S

Given your location I'd try George King metals

Tooting.

Peter

Reply to
Peter Andrews

Sadly they closed some time ago. Think the owner retired and couldn't find anyone to take over the business.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Bu***r - only used them occasionally but always got what I needed.

Peter

Reply to
Peter Andrews

Absolutely - and at what seemed reasonable prices. An Aladin's cave of metal stock. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

There was a foot or so of Al tube on the fan of my old BF boiler (Gloworm Hideaway) but it's long gone I'm afraid. Maybe you can get a part? Cheers Don

Reply to
Donwill