Aluminised Poyester film (adhesive backed)

Does anyone know where I can obtain a small quantity (approx 12 sq ft) of the above material, I used to use it many years ago lining controlled environment chambers for increasing the reflected light within. I'm retired now and out of touch. I need to buy some for a small box I'm making. Tom

Reply to
Don

I used to have to use this stuff many years ago. Google for Melinex, it seems to be easily available. Otherwise try baking foil.

bland.

Reply to
bland

I've been solidly searching for hours, have just found this 5mins ago.

Don

Don said the following on 26/11/2005 14:00:

Found this after Googling for 5 mins "Melinex" (sorry)

is more expensive tho' ;-)

Reply to
Rumble

"Space Blanket" from outdoor shops?

Reply to
Newshound

I'd advise the slightly more expensive long life stuff as it's easier to work with when lining boxes etc. :-)

Mark S.

Reply to
Mark S.

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "Don" saying something like:

Growing cannabis?

Space blankets from any camping store, but it's not adhesive backed.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

No, sorry to dissapoint you, Grass and clover mainly, you know cows and sheep eat it, the green stuff on your lawn. Before retiring I worked in an Agricultural research station. Cheers Don

Reply to
Don

Use tinfoil and evostik. Or te self adhesive foil tapes sold for sealing celotex...

Or ..I could go on...

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher