Air BnB

So why did you post anything at all ?

michael adams

Why no? I made a valid comment on what to do if you don't understand a Subject line. And it was a lot more informative than a vast amount of other comments that I see posted, especially those whose posters cannot resist swearing at others.

Reply to
Davey

Not quite. You suggested that someone who had nothing to contribute on the subject, could "move right along".

But on your own admission you had nothing to contribute on the subject either.

So why didn't you follow your own advice, and "move along" too ?

michael adams

michael adams

On 02/07/2015 23:09, Davey wrote: ...

Not really. Had it been clearly marked as OT, then I would have ignored it. However, as it was not, I checked to see whether it was something I could help with. However, either way, there was, for me, no clue in the subject line, as had been suggested.

Reply to
Nightjar

I would have done, if you hadn't kept on replying to my answers to you. Your querying my one brief response has led to a large amount of wasted electrons.

Reply to
Davey

In my case, I had a vague idea what BnB was, although I have never used it, and curiosity made me take a look.

Reply to
Davey

On Thu, 02 Jul 2015 23:40:51 +0100, Nightjar However, either way, there was, for me, no clue in the subject line, as

There was a very big, rather unsubtle clue in the subject line - you just failed to take it.

Reply to
Adrian

As I said before, the clue only exists if you have the faintest idea what AirBnB is before looking. An OT prefix would have been a much better clue.

Reply to
Nightjar

I assumed Air BnB was an airline!

Reply to
Paul Herber

Used it three times in two years, for 'long weekend' accommodation in Paris and Amsterdam, all three experiences were excellent.

Reply to
Mark Carver

I wondered too.

The standard abbreviation is and always has been B&B.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Yeah, but an ampersand isn't going to play well in a url.

Reply to
Chris French

More particularly in a domain name...

Reply to
Tim Watts

It's a thread title. My newsreader doesn't complain if you use it in that.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Yes, but the company name is Airbnb (but no, that wouldn't have been apparent if you didn't know what the thread was about)

Reply to
Chris French

True.

Reply to
Chris French

Tell that to

(or

I'm really quite surprised that so many people appear never to have heard of them, tbh.

Reply to
Adrian

Ah. All is clear now. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Only use 5 star (minimum) hotels, myself. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

But you didn't, did you ?

Rather than follow your own advice, having nothing to contribute to the thread, by "moving right along", you instead tried to order another poster about, by telling them to "move right along" instead.

When if you really want to be picky, they may have had a valid point to make all along. Whereas you never had one at any stage.

Because, to anyone unfamiliar with Air BnB, not only was the subject not obvious from the thread title, but it wasn't all that obvious following the first three or four posts either.

michael adams

michael adams