After a damp prppf course

Just had this done on the chimney breast and the landlord says to paper over it immediately, but I seem to remember this shouldnt be done.

Am I right? Should a period of time elapse before papering or painting over the new plaster of the dpc.

Reply to
Millan

Millan submitted this idea :

Yes leave it alone.

Reply to
Baldoni

"Baldoni @googlemail.com>" Millan submitted this idea :

Many thanks

How long for? Is there a specified time?

Thanks again

Reply to
Millan

Millan

you should leave it for at least 6 months before papering. You can however use a normal emulsion paint as soon as the plaster has dried out completely. There may be some salts coming out of the walls in the

1st few months, dont worry about that, just brush it off periodically. Calum Sabey NewArk Traditional Kitchens 01556 690544
Reply to
calums

if you paper it with vinyl now you've got wet plaster sandwiched between 2 impervious layers, ie it would stay wet. Needs to dry. You could however use paper, ie real paper, no vinyl.

NT

Reply to
meow2222