ADSL diagnostic

No. There is a centre core and an earth around that. That is a genuine broad band connection, as it has width as well as serial data.

Having said the above, I can see where other posters are coming from. But I have always seen a twisted pair as a serial link.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

In message , The Natural Philosopher writes

[big snip]

Guys, as interesting as it is, when was the last time any of you DIY'd some ADSL exchange equipment ;-)

Take it to alt.sad.nerds.broadband.excellent.service.checker.which.was.pointed.out.b y.the.philospher or something :-)

Reply to
somebody

Twisted pair can carry broadband in any sense of the word, so perhaps your view needs a little tweaking!

Reply to
John Rumm

I was doing things with some earlier this week.

So there.

Reply to
Andy Hall

In article , Dave writes

They use 75khz deviation plus the digital sub-carriers and stereo pilot tone etc. Takes a bit above 100khz

Reply to
Mr X

Last Sunday.

Reply to
Duncanwood

Maximum allowed deviation is 75 KHz. This /includes/ stereo pilot and RDS modulation & anything else encoded. Bandwidth is in the region of 200KHz.

Reply to
<me9

At least 250Khz for any fidelity, and 400 KHZ low phase delay is as good as it gets. Butr isn;t good enough for todays crowded spectrum ... channels are spaced as low as 100KHz overall, though adjacent transmitters are suppoosed to not be closer than 300KHz IIRC.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Its not maxiumum allowable. Its the normal deviation for 'full audio'. In practice it goes a lot higher..and the full spectrum even at the rated deviation is far higher..sidebands etc.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher