Adjustable length rail to help old folks climb out of bath?

The message from Frank Erskine contains these words:

The Ikea ones support me, and have done for five years - and I'm over 20 stone.

Reply to
Guy King

The message from "normanwisdom" contains these words:

I'm not surprised. I fitted one for an elderly relative once 'cos it was given to her. Took it out again a few weeks later as it suffered from exactly the problems you describe.

Reply to
Guy King

thanks very much for that information, I will show that to her, I'm sure she will be interested!

Reply to
Sheila

It needs more than full weight, it needs to withstand multiple occurrences of snatch grabs.

Getting one fixed by local authority has the advantage their Occupational Therapist should mark the correct position so that when elderly person uses rail, they are less likely to suffer injury. An inappropriately fixed rail could easily result in a dislocated something.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

The message from Owain contains these words:

Except of course when they c*ck it up so badly that it's of no use to man nor beast because the victim can't actually reach that far in the first place.

Reply to
Guy King

Guy King typed

I'm sure you fitted them competently too.

Incompetent fitting will reduce the strength of anything.

(She whose curtain rails have stayed up where two previous residents' attempts failed)

Reply to
Helen Deborah Vecht

Guy King typed

Or handyman from SS splits door jamb...

SS put grab rail inside late aunt's loo; very useful it was - prevented anyone closing loo door...

Reply to
Helen Deborah Vecht

Any good? Not adjustable but different lengths and shapes so may be OK if positioned at different angles etc.

John

The message from Helen Deborah Vecht contains these words:

I'm sure they /mean/ well.

Reply to
Guy King

Stops auntie locking herself in ...

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Guy King typed

Well meaning _idiocy_.

SPARE ME PLEASE before I have a nervous breakdown!

Reply to
Helen Deborah Vecht

Owain typed

Stopped anyone shy using separate bog.

Flat had a bathroom with loo and a separate bog.

Reply to
Helen Deborah Vecht

The message from Owain contains these words:

All the lockable doors inside this house can be opened with a penny from outside - there's no need for more privacy than that, really, and it's saved a fuss several times.

Reply to
Guy King

Yes, thanks I got one of those.

-- Bill Haines