Adhesive for sticking exterior wood

Need to stick some non-slip epoxy inserts into some wooden steps (shown on

- the Q-Grip strips).

Instructions say:

"Apply one continuous (centrally located in the groove to be filled) 4-6mm maximum bead of a suitable gap filling adhesive that also has the properties of an external use sealant i.e. flexible and both water and U.V. resistant. You may consider the use of a sealant/adhesive called theWORKS by Geocel® in grey or Sikaflex EBT or 11FC+ by Sika Ltd in grey"

Any suggestions for something suitable that is easily available (which ideally means, Screwfix, Toolstation, Wickes or B&Q).

Cheers,

Darren

Reply to
D.M.Chapman

Polyurethane-based Sikkaflex mastic. Nothing else (silicones etc) will do anything like as well, or indeed adequately. It's not cheap either, but it does work very, very well. I've not seen it in SF or TS.

Try boat chandlers, caravan places, car & van places. Probably mail- order is easiest though - someone will do it.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Bah, thought it might be something like that. Found a few sources online but Ideally I wanted it for Saturday. Will have to hunt :-(

Cheers,

Darren

Reply to
D.M.Chapman

Evostick Serious glue. Expensive, though.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)