A large quantity of decent hardwood (mostly elm)

Hi

Due to an impending house move (a *serious* downsize), I have rather a lot of decent hardwood to get rid of. It's mostly seasoned elm, which was felled about three years ago, and has been planked (2" and 3" thick mostly), in various lengths and widths up to 12' by 18"....There are also seven 8" by 8" x 10' beams, cut from the centre of the trunks. As well as being seasoned for three years post planking, it also spent around 12 years seasoning unplanked in an upright position where it died :). I'm sure I don;t need to tell you it looks absolutely gorgeous once sanded/polished etc

I don't know exactly how much weight there'll be in total, but it will be several tons I expect. If anyone is interested in taking this stuff off my hands, or knows a timber yard who might offer me a couple of bob for it, then please get in touch either via the newsgroup or e-mail, removing the obvious to make sure I get it!

The only problem for most of you I expect is the location, as it's near Kilmarnock in Scotland. Drop dead date for removal is the 22nd May, so there's enought time (probably) for any interested party to arrange transpost. (you'll need two people at least to lift the bigger sections.

I'm not putting a price on it (ie I'll just be happy for it to go to a good home where it'll be used), but if someone wanted to make a donation, it would be gratefully accepted.

Cheers

Tim

Reply to
Tim

Is there a Freecycle group local to you?

Reply to
nog

Try Whippletree hardwoods..near flint cross in Hertfordshire. They are always on the lookout for oak and elm, and a load like that is worth a couple of thousand to em..

> The only problem for most of you I expect is the location, as it's

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

There is an Ayrshire Freecycle Group at

there is a Glasgow one at
'd have thought a timber yard would be a better home for it or try and locate someone who is a craftsman in timber that uses good quality wood

Stuart B

Try it on EBay

Reply to
Stuart Noble

Very interested in this, will try to mail you direct. GS

Reply to
Great Scot

I also have an interest for cabinet making - can you give me some instruction on how to contact you.

Rob

Reply to
robgraham

interested in your timber. is it air or kiln dried?, this makes a large difference to the value.

Reply to
thecabinetmaker

Tim - you've had three people showing an interest in your wood - why haven't you replied ?

Rob

Reply to
robgraham