21 LED torch

Just bought one of these and it's brilliant - in more ways than one! Incredibly bright, small & compact.

Great for plumbing jobs, the LED light seems to make the slightest drip sparkle so it's easy to spot.

is owned by a member of UK DIY, but I have no connection other than being a happy customer.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

The message from "The Medway Handyman" contains these words:

Who?

Reply to
Roger

Excellent site. I've ordered a Dalek for my office desk! .

Reply to
Andrew

Roger appears to have an owl sitting at his computer.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Reply to
Grunff

Bought 10 of theses about 3 years ago for £6 each C/w batteries from a little Chinese man on EBay. Bloody marvellous things.

Sold em to others for £12.

Are the head torches similarly good?

Reply to
John Stumbles

They're plastic bodied, rather than aluminium, but they are also extremely bright.

Reply to
Grunff

Being a diver, I seem to be used to paying over the odds for torches, etc. however one torch I have is really excellent and worth the money. It's

it's bloody bright and the batterys (4 X AAs) seem to last forever too.

And it's waterproof. (I've had mine to 100m and it's still OK. They're rated to about 150m or so, so it's going to laugh at the odd plumbing job!)

They seem to retail from between £20 to £35 in scuba shops. The one I have has a translucent rubber front which glows in the dark after it's been exposed to sunlight (or you've turned the torch on for a few seconds) which is sometimes handy.

Gordon

Reply to
Gordon Henderson

The message from Grunff contains these words:

I don't usually read sigs and I didn't see anything pointed to you when I visited the site.

Now to choose a torch.

Reply to
Roger

How did you know the Chinese man was little?

Reply to
Mackem

Because his picture on his website showed him to be short.....

DUH!

I started with the multi led jobs but now my main one is a single led luxeon from ebay. Brighter than the singles, though both types have excellent battery life. What you get when you go upmarket is some electronics between the batteries and the LEDs which really manage to suck the last electrons out of the battery.

Reply to
Newshound