1 cement, 2x 12mm aggregate, 2x sharp sand?

Hi all We ripped out a hideous old tile fireplace (circa 1970) today. Hurrah.
Now we have a nice big square hole 3 inches deep where the hearth was. We are going to fill it up. Would 1 cement, 2x 12mm aggregate, 2x sharp sand be a sensible mix?
TIA Suzanne
Suz wrote:

Yes, yes it would.
--