dewalt charger over charging ??

When I use my drill after being charged for 45 mins or so .. it works great
but ..
If I wait till the next day (leaving it in the charger) and THEN use it .. its junk .. very little charge
I wish they would make a charger that after giving it the fast charge .. that it .. would covert to a nice trickle charge that was effective