Toilet

I maintain a few apartments. One tenant says that after use of the toilet the contents will not flush..and the bowl fills and overflows unless he plunges right away the it swallows normally. Plumber checked it all out and said was ok...he flushed it 30 times, no problem..he filled it with TP and flushed..no problem...all toilets are in line..one story..no one else having problems. Could it be air bound ? Does a toilet have a stink pipe like sinks do ? Possibly S trap is pourous and rough holding back flush ??? Thanks Howie

Could be your tenant needs some fiber, or doesn't know you don't use half a roll of toilet paper without some mid-flushing.
CS
A toilet will not fill and almost overflow unless there's an obstruction somewhere. Obstructions like this will catch the toilet paper and other stuff until plunged, then be OK for several flushes until enough paper catches to make it clog up again. It is very common. Perhaps the plumber lied (that's also been known to happen) because he was in a hurry. Maybe it only happens once a month, and the tenant is over exaggerating. In this case the plumber would be innocent. Testing it with lots of toilet paper is how I test, and I'm usually satisfied after six or seven flushes. Let us know how it turns out.
Manager said to replace the toilet but I will try the paper thing first (Hint..seems to only happen on FOOTBALL weekends ????..also they haveTwo Grandkids there at times)..Howie
I replaced the toilet..working good now.Thanks all. Howie