Sump pumps

Lived in this house about 10 yrs now.The basement has a sump pump,in 10 yrs ive been throught 7 pumps.Submersible, pedestral, wayne pumps,and all the other brands you will find at home center.Questions is there got to be a good pump manucfacturer out there?Its not like its running allthe time it run after very heavy rain and when the snow melts.Can someone recommend a durable pump?

Reply to
martin

Try

I have always had good luck with their pumps.

Reply to
Dale Wilcox

"martin" <

This is another thought. Seven pumps in ten years is very unusual. At least one of those should have lasted many of those years. This makes me think there's some common problem making them burn out prematurely.

The chief suspect would be the check valve. I've seen this senario many times. The check valve is faulty, and the water runs back after the pump shuts off, filling the pit and making for a continuous recycling of the pump.

Maybe you're just unlucky with sump pumps, but do you notice something that looks suspicious?

Reply to
Mike Grooms