rough-in plumbing in concrete floor

Hi,

I'm not sure whether this is the appropriate newsgroup to post this question, but I would appreciate any pointers or suggestions. We are redoing the floor of an old stone building that never had plumbing or electricity ....and are trying to negotiate the services. We are planning to have a concrete floor foundation with these layers:

------------------------------ concrete screed (65mm) w/ embedded underfloor heating cables

------ damp-proof course ----- concrete slab (100mm)

This is probably a naive question, but what layer should water-supply pipes and electrical cables run in? Some have suggested not to put cold water pipes in the concrete screed but in the concrete slab as the UFH cables would mean needing to run the cold tap awhile to get cold water. However, putting them in the concrete slab seems so deep underneath the finished floor. What is the general recommendation?

Thanks, g

Both drainage and plumbing supply pipes should be under the slab.

Reply to
Mark Monson