Rough-In After Concrete Poured

Before I call in a plumber for quotes, could someone give me an idea of how much a PIA it will be to install toilet and sink drains once concrete floor has been poured (and hardened)? It's about a six foot run to existing pipes.

Thanks, Mark J

Reply to
Mark johnson

It should be done before the concrete. How do you expect to tie in the drain under solid concrete? I'd consider an ejector toilet rather that take out the concrete.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

A few hours work breaking up a channel through the concrete and patching it

Reply to
RBM

Personally, for a 6 foot run, I'd probably open the concrete, and avoid the ejector pump setup that has a lot more maintenance/reliability issues over the life of the house. And I'd do it sooner, rather than later. If the concrete is only a few days old, it's still not as hard as concrete that has had a month to cure.

Reply to
trader4

harbor freight has nice jackhamers at reasonable price. pumps just cause troubles over the long haul

Reply to
hallerb

A six foot run isn't bad, We've done that before. A lot depends on how deep the waste line is at that point. Use a diamond blade in a circular saw to score the concrete, then break it out with a hammer, and dig as required. Making the connection in the drain will require a large enough hole to get in there and work, you have to cut out the existing line and put in a Y using rubber connectors. Run the new line, have it inspected (this sounds like new construction) then pour the new concrete. A half day's work for an experienced plumber, then inspection and pouring the next day.

Dennis

Reply to
DT

The plumber will probably have a cutoff saw that makes short work of

4" concrete. That is far from uncommon. They will cut both sides and the strip will break out very easy
Reply to
gfretwell

When I was on the standard tour of the Panama Canal, the guide talked about this, how the locks were harder every year. By 1970 or earlier, if a big ship ran into the lock wall, it was the ship that got damaged.(low budget trip, guys. 150 dollars airfare plus 3 dollars a day.)

Reply to
mm