pump size,and GPH needed for Fish Cleaning Station

--WebTV-Mail-16838-1 Content-Type: Text/Plain; Charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: Quoted-Printable
Hi All, I plan to install a pump to pull water from the lake to an old sink on my dock. It will only be used as a fish cleaning station. The faucet will not be turned off ,the power to the pump will be turned off,and on to controll wate flow.
Questions: What GPH flow will be rquired ? (The sink sits about 5 feet above the water level.) Figure at least two 90 ells,and 7 feet of hose/pipe. What would the head be on those figures ?
What type of filter (s) do I need to keep gunk from clogging the impeller ? The pump will hang on a cable so as to be a free floating installation ,not rigid. Does that sound OK ? Any help will be appreciated. Thanx
--WebTV-Mail-16838-1 Content-Description: signature Content-Disposition: Inline Content-Type: Text/HTML; Charset=US-ASCII Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7Bit
--WebTV-Mail-16838-1--
i wouldn't be concerned about head really. you're only talking about 5 feet plus negligible frictional losses.
probably an inexpensive open drip-proof centrifugal pump that can supply at least 10 GPM (minute) at 25 PSI will be sufficient.
i'm suggesting 25 PSI so if you want to spray away fish scales and other gook, you could perhaps just do the old thumb over the outlet trick and with this pressure it will spray pretty hard. you could even go 30 or 40 PSI for more power if desired.
hmmm, are you thinking about a submersible pump? same thing goes.
WW Grainger has a stock of small submersibles complete with suction strainer that you could just drop in the water and plug in to start.
OTOH, use a small foot valve with strainer on the suction line if the pump will be a non submersible type. you'll have to flood the suction the first time to get it primed.
good luck.
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Nunn Ya Bizness) writes:

Jerry Sievers 305 854-3001 (home) Unix Administrator/Consultant
I guess I'm just too used to the good ole water conservation. Trying to supply 10 gallons a minute to a sink just sound wrong to me.
(Nunn Ya Bizness) writes:

-----