Problem with flapper

No matter how I adjust our flapper I cannot get it to stay up long enough for the water to drain from the tank. The only way I can get the water to drain from the tank is to hit the tank lever and count to 3 and release it.

Any suggestions?

Reply to
Jr.

I hate some flappers too. It's usually a problem the amount of slack left on the chain or strap. If it's a newer type with a separate float, the idea is to get the float closer to the flapper itself.

If you bought a generic replacement, maybe that's the source of the problems. Get the manufacturer's replacement, or get a name brand "like Korky".

Reply to
ironmike

Using a Fluidmaster. Can't seem to get any air in the flapper to keep it up when the lever is pushed.

Reply to
Jr.

Fluidmaster flappers are just fine. I'm not sure what you mean by "getting air in the flapper." Here are a couple of ideas.

First of all, sometimes if the water level is too high in the tank, the flapper can get sucked back into place prematurely. You can try lowering the level to see if it helps.

Secondly, what type of fluidmaster flapper is it. Is it just the universal replacement, or did it come with a flush seat that you adhered to the flush valve?

Did you simply slip the rubber ring over the overflow tube, or did you actually attach the flapper to the pins on the side of the flush valve?

For being such simple technology, there are many details.

Reply to
ironmike