How to identify hot & cold stub outs??

I had a plumber do some water line rough-in a few years ago. Now I want to connect a sink. Anyway - I'm having a hard time figuring out which is the hot and which is the cold. One has a square cap - the other is bullet shaped. Should I assume the square is the hot? Or the other way around?? I tried testing both lines with the existing H/C water lines with an ohm-meter to see what was connected to what - but it's all grounded at the HW heater - so my result was moot.
ANY HELP HERE?? If someone could let me know - it'd be great. Searching by google is drawing blanks..!
thanks Jonathan
Sparky,
The one on the right is cold, probably. If you want to double check, shut off the water to the water heater, drain the hot water lines at a lower sink, then ease on one of the shut off valves. If water comes out, it's the cold. If air sucks in it's the hot.
I'm suprised you couldnt find that on the web. Like he said it is standard practice/code to put hot on the left and cold on the right. Did he get it right in the rest of your house?