Gas supply to new building

I am building a workshop about 100 feet from my house and plan to dig a trench that will carry natural gas lines and power lines. Can someone tell me what material I must use to bury the gas line. I understand there is a type of hose in use now and black pipe is not required.

Appreciate any help.

Dan

Reply to
Chopsaw

I would contact a plumber to carry out this procedure. if your unfamiliar with the materials, the doing the task will also be very demanding. But we usually use yellow plastic roll tubing designed for natural gas sized according to length, and btu's of bldg. You will also need a special "riser" to your connection at the bldg. meter bracket, set it at gas company specific heights,,, the connections to the main gas tap, if one is available,, inspections... test all the piping at specific lbs. or ounces,,

you dont just throw some hose in the ground,,and hope noone gets blown to pieces or you neighborhood cat runs flaming the the bushes... but then,,it has been a while since weve had some good news about local handyman and kids killed because he wanted to save a few bucks. Please call a professional for this one.

Reply to
runningwater

"runningwater" Thanks for the info and the advice. I will consider it although I have done much of the gas plumbing in my house with no problems. (Very Carefully)

Reply to
Chopsaw