exploding hot water tank

Hey remember we were talking about that video of the hot water tank blowing up? Well I think I might have found a place to get a copy.
http://www.watts.com/pro/divisions/watersafety_flowcontrol/learnabout/learnabout_dvdorderform.htm
I seen that HWT blow up TV. Scary. I have seen HWT put in wrong every wrong way that there is.
No tube on the T&P or the tube is facing a young mother in her laundry room. I hate seeing that !

http://www.watts.com/pro/divisions/watersafety_flowcontrol/learnabout/learnabout_dvdorderform.htm
JP wrote:

Pipe plug in T&P, Back pitched exhaust vent, no exhaust diverter, plugged vent, long horizontal exhaust vent, gas water heater with near zero clearance to combustible wood paneling, various gas piping nightmares like 3/8 compression fittings, etc.
MM
A pipe plug will make it go thru a roof and I think that is in the video Ned is talking about.
Ned talks of super heat <G>, I recall in my auto class that the steam cars made back when had no horsepower rating. The more steam built up the more HP you get. Its infinity.
I guess you can't guess on the power of a HWT that is building pressure or what that final outcome will be when it explodes. It depends on the weakest part.

the one in the vid was only a 30 gal and it leveled a house. there is a preview on the web page.

I seen a video of a 30 go through a 1 family homes roof and still go another 20' up ? It looked like a rocket going sideways and took most of the roof with it, Kewl ! It may of been on Discovery ?

And this is caused by what? I'm going to say it.
Super Heated water flashing into steam when released into atmospheric pressure.
That felt good!
kenny b
Its Super Plummer !!

JP wrote:

Better be nice to me or I'll shut the falls off before I leave.
kenny b

Take my mayor and all in city hall please. I heard of the sand dunes down there, leave 'em with no water.

Ned Flanders wrote:

http://www.watts.com/pro/divisions/watersafety_flowcontrol/learnabout/learnabout_dvdorderform.htm

This site has a downloadable video of an exploding water heater shooting out of a hole in a field.
Only a little 12 gallon job, but the tank traveled 400 feet:
http://www.waterheaterblast.com /
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia