Calcium in Pipes!

Hi, I have a trailer, with calcium built up in my pipes, my husband was draining the water tank and I guess got to low in the tank and picked up the calcium deposit in the tank. Now the cold water is almost nothing coming out of the pipes in all the cold water pipes. How do we get this out without harming us for it also goes to the water line to the ice maker, luckily it has not effected it yet. Suzie V.

Reply to
Suzie J. (Suzanne) Vestal

"Suzie J.

We always appreciate the chance to help folks. I'm certainly happy to answer. Is it only the cold, or is the hot pressure similarly affected? If it is, you might try taking the little screens off the faucet spouts to see if they're clogged.

By the way, it's probably not calcium. It's more likely lime, manganese, or just plain rust.

Mike (The polite plumber who respects the other gender after getting his head bitten off a few months ago by some Amazonian princess warrior. Boy, that broad really had an attitude!)

Reply to
Mike Grooms

Umm, you're the guy that's not a plumber, aren't you?

Reply to
Mike Grooms

No, I'm taking over JM's place....

Reply to
<JP

Man, now I'm afraid of you!

Reply to
Mike Grooms

'' Lets kill all the plumbers.com ''

( I wonder if he got AW ? )

Reply to
<JP

watch out Mike,,,hes got a wood chipper behind his back! thats what happens to everyone!

Reply to
Runningwater

Plus I slept at the Holday Inn Select last night !! That's how I became such a smart Plumber !

Now for fun in newsgroups, punch in ' plumpers. '

*I think AW and Hot are in there....

Reply to
<JP