Your advice on new a/c unit, please

A "one ton" AC will remove heat at the same rate as melting one ton of ice in 24 hours.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Hi Stormin, hope you are having a nice day

On 03-Dec-04 At About 03:03:05, Stormin Mormon wrote to All Subject: Re: Your advice on new a/c unit, please

SM> From: "Stormin Mormon"

SM> How old is the old unit? It may very well be repairable. Does it cool SM> at all?

SM> The old unit is likely running way under efficient, so I'd be SM> cautious about upsizing by very much.

SM> Of course, the way to go is to get a local HVAC company do a heat SM> load calculation and see how much you n eed. Or find a couple similar SM> size houses in your neighborhood. Go push the bell and ask what they SM> use. Bring home baked cookies when doing this.

The only way is to get a manual J run on the house. asking a neighbor what they use will not do any good as each house has it's own variables and needs it's system custom designed.

.. It's all about Uncle Fester, isn't it? -- Wednesday Addams

___ TagDude 0.92á+[DM]

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ spam protection measure, Please remove the 33 to send e-mail
Reply to
HvacTech2