yellow jackets

Page 2 of 2

You've had some good suggestions; Demand, Tempo, Talstar, Delta Dust, etc. will all work, but they have limited to no "knock down" effect on hornets. I never heard the plastic jug/glass bowl technique, but it sounds like it could work.
The colonies seem rather slow to react to any alarms, at night, IME. A squirt of hornet "freeze" will kill the sentrys, and I've never seen more than 3.
This is the time of year hornets are producing new queens which will overwinter and ensure the survival or the colony, so they tend to be very aggressive.
I had one client dig up a nest with a backhoe. He "said" it was 4'x6'x8' deep, but it was all filled in when I saw it. -----
- gpsman