Yard sprinkler: zones don't change!

I hope this fits in the home.repair group...I have a yard sprinkler system in the house I just bought. The yard is divided into three zones: the back east side, the back and west side, and the front.
At first, whenever I'd turn the sprinklers on, one zone would come on, and the sprinklers would water the lawn. If I turned it off, then back on, another zone would come on. A third off/on would get the third and final zone on. This happened whether I did it *manually* or if I allowed my INTERMATIC timer to work it.
I turned the sprinkler off for a month, since we didn't need the lawn watered. NOW, whenever I turn the sprinkler on and off, ONLY ONE ZONE comes on. I cannot get the other zones to come on...whether I do it manually OR if I let the INTERMATIC timer work it.
Any ideas on how to get this going correctly? thanks Fred
you may have done this, but each zone has a switch, someone may have messed up your settings

in
east
the
another
timer
watered.
let
Try and locate an owners manual for your timer. Or look at the controls closely. The program may just need to be checked. Maybe you inadvertently ran one zone or something. I'd start with that before I started replacing parts.
Dave
Replace the battery. Then read the manual.

in
east
the
another